For the first time in my life, I have gone on a diet (and when I say diet, I mean one of those strict ones with a specific menu spelled out for each day). It is called the Scarsdale Medical Diet and it was shared with me by Casey’s mom, Tita Julie. If you search for the diet on Google, the actual menu will appear, as it has been posted on various sites. You may wonder why I am dieting so early on. Well, I want to lose weight for our pre-nuptial photo shoot, which will happen some time this summer.
The diet is a low-calorie and low-carb program that you can choose to follow for a minimum of two weeks. After two weeks, if you want to continue, you switch to a less strict menu before going back to the regular diet.
Admittedly, I wasn’t able to follow the two-week menu to the letter, mainly because:
1. I experience acid reflux, and so I am not allowed to eat citrus fruit. So although I was supposed to eat grapefruit everyday for breakfast, I ate apples, strawberries, melon, or grape instead.
2. Eating too many carrots can turn you orange. It is true! Unfortunately, the only permitted snacks on the diet are carrots and celery, and I don’t really like celery. So as a substitute for carrots, I would often snack on apples.
During the first few days, I got quite dizzy and cranky, but I think my body was able to adjust eventually. At the end of my first two weeks, I lost around 6 pounds. I need to lose 10 more pounds to reach my ideal weight for the pre-nup, and so I’m going to go back to the regular diet in a few days.
What I love about the diet:
1. No exercise needed for me to lose weight. Hahaha.
2. I still get to eat chicken!
3. I get to eat cheeeese.
What I hate about the diet:
1. I can’t eat SPAGHETTI. 😦
2. That’s about it, actually. Hahaha.
One thing is for certain–I feel really thankful right now that I don’t have a sweet tooth. 😉